Wakefield and District Housing - England
2013 EFQM Excellence Prize Winner in "Adding Value for Customers"
“Using the model has helped us to engage with our employees in a more comprehensive and structured way and to help become more “self-aware” about what we do and why we do it, how well we do it and where we need to improve.”
Martyn Durant, Business Excellence Manager
WDH is one of the UK’s largest housing associations, being responsible for 31,000 properties. Its Vision is to ‘create confident communities’, having a positive impact on the physical, social and economic landscape of the Wakefield district. WDH was named ‘Landlord of the Year’ at the UK Housing Awards 2013 and has achieved Customer Service Excellence with Compliance Plus.
Benefits of implementing the EFQM Excellence Model
- The leadership team at WDH have developed a strategy that goes beyond core business activity to ‘create confident communities’.
- Customer overall satisfaction with WDH performed well between 2009/10 and 2012/13 with 86%-90% of satisfied tenants.
- People Overall Satisfaction shows positive trends the last 6 years rising from 61% to 84% and exceeding the targets.
- WDH has achieved 632 (170 in 2011/12) positive press reports out of a total of 643 (191 in 2011/12) reported up to September 2012.
- Stakeholder perceptions of WDH at local, regional and national level have increased from 77% in 2010 to 84% in 2012.
- WDH has reduced carbon emissions by over 18% from 2008/09 to 2011/12.
- The organisation has secured significant year on year growth in revenues, the last 7 years rising over 25%.
“WDH is an effective organization, more than ably led, which has made a dramatic impact on its community since it was created in 2005. There is, about the organization, a passion for performance.”
Andre Haynes, Assessment Team Leader