VAMED-KMB - Austria
2013 EFQM Excellence Prize Winner in "Succeeding through the Talent of People"
“The recognition of our excellence-level by EFQM is a proof for our customers of having one of the best European companies as a partner for highly complex services in the sensitive field of healthcare.”
Otto Müller, Managing Director
Sabine Kern, Business Excellence Director
VAMED-KMB is a subsidiary of VAMED, the leading international provider of a full line of services for hospitals and other healthcare facilities.
With its highly qualified staff, VAMED-KMB is a competent partner in Vienna`s healthcare system, providing valuable and sustainable operations management services with the focal points building services, structural engineering and medical technology, information- and communication technology as well as infrastructural and commercial services. In addition, the company realises projects during ongoing hospital operation.
Benefits of implementing the EFQM Excellence Model
- Since VAMED-KMB has been using the EFQM model, it has achieved sustainable and balanced results in all criteria: customer, people, society, and business results. This has contributed greatly to the company’s healthy growth.
- Increases in efficiency as contractually promised to the customer have been clearly achieved. At the same time, service quality as well as customer and employee satisfaction have been kept at high levels or improved.
- Using the EFQM model triggered the founding of a benchmarking platform with leading university hospitals in Germany, Switzerland and Austria to improve decision making.
- VAMED-KMB’s professional energy management allowed for continuous reduction of CO2 emissions and thus financial savings for the customer.
- Projects like “Employee Orientation Platform” and “Club Lifetime” improve the quality of living of VAMED-KMB`s employees and people in their environment.
“VAMED-KMB has established a very close relationship with the main customer based on mutual trust. The basis for this trust is the high level of excellence.”
Karin Walter, Assessment Team Leader